Cauliflower Watercress Soup
- 1 Yellow Onion Chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Crushed then minced
- 1 qt Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 Medium Head Cauliflower Chopped
- 1 Head Watercress Rinsed Well
- 1 tsp Part of Miyokos Vegan Butter You can subsitute coconut oil if you like! It can be refined if you do not like the taste of coconut.
- High quality Sea Salt I use Celtic Sea Salt
- Black Pepper or Cayenne For some extra taste
Toppings (add to taste at the end if desired)
- Coconut Aminos or Bragg Liquid Aminos
- Pepper Plant Hot Sauce Or your favourite one!
- Trader Joe's Chile Lime Seasoning
- Nutritional Yeast
- Keto Thyme Broth
- In your stock pot, melt 1 tsp of Miyokos butter and coconut oil mixed and sauté the onions over low heat until soft and translucent (about 3 -5 minutes.)
- Crush the garlic with the back of a spoon and mince (or use 1 Trader Joe’s frozen minced garlic cube). Add to the onions and continue sautéing and stirring for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Wash the cauliflower and rough cut into pieces. Add to the onion / garlic sauté.
- Add the vegetable broth and increase heat to medium-high.
- Add enough water or more vegetable broth to cover the cauliflower.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over medium-low until vegetables are tender (about 20 minutes.)
- Wash the watercress and add to the soup. Cook until wilted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender until smooth. Or, pour carefully into your VitaMix or blender and purée. Do it slowly because of the heat. (I waited until it cools a little and then purée in the VitaMix).
- Top your individual serving with sea salt, crushed black pepper and Coconut Aminos or Bragg Liquid Aminos, and Nutritional Yeast to taste. I like adding a little Bragg Liquid Aminos, cayenne pepper or Pepper Plant Hot Sauce, Nutritional Yeast, and Trader Joe’s Chile Lime seasoning. Lately, I have loved adding a packet of Keto Better Broth Thyme to increase the nutritional content.
Make it Keto Cleanse Worthy
- To increase the fat content for the meal with healthy fats, drizzle a tsp of olive oil, truffle oil, a little butter, coconut milk or coconut cream, etc) in your individual serving as needed / desired. Remember to measure.
- I am obsessed right now with adding Keto Better Broth Thyme Flavored to my serving for added energy, fullness and to boost my mental clarity.
- If you want to add extra protein, use organic bone broth made from pasture raised chicken or turkey instead or add some Designs for Health KTO 360 Protein Powder . Or, for a vegan option, stir in some Mycopure protein made with shiitake mushrooms. I use about a tsp or so.
If you can't find watercress or you want a change, try adding spinach, arugula, or basil. I generally double or triple the recipe and season with the Pepper Plant Hot Sauce! My friend Sicily makes a version where she seasons with cumin and cinnamon.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!